Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Woman is multi-purpose

I have finally completely understand how tough my mother is. She has to take care of all of us, my baby, and also my grandma. Although she has a maid, but the maid is helping her to accompany my grandma, and also do the cleaning. Her day starts at 6am and end at sometimes midnite, but the earliest is around 11pm, everyday including weekend.

My mom has to wake up in 6am, taking care of my grandma's lunch and heat up the left over dishes for her lunch, and also getting prepare of the things that she has to carry to the office. After she done with the kitchen, she take her morning bath at around 7am+. She is also our alarm clock. She will morning call my brother at 7.30am, then my father at 7.45am, and me at 8am. Preparing my dad's breakfast, and serve my dad until he went to work. Then help me to either look after my baby so that I can get ready to go to work, or she will bath for my baby. We will go out together to have breakfast in the market. After she has done with the marketing, we go to my dad's office to work. After work at around 6pm (my dad doesn't allow us to go off sharp at 5.30pm), she has to rush home to cook dinner for all of us. She has to prepare the dinner that suit all of us! My grandma and my dad is very choosy, and both taste are different, therefore you have to imagine how mentally tough that my mom has to be? After the dinner, she finally can sit down to rest, my still I always letting her to take care of my little one so that I can get online with friends. My dad always watch the channels which is not her preference.

Today, I finally realized how tough my mother is! She went to the Tibet trip with my dad, and therefore I have to be responsible to this family. My turn to worry about what kind of dishes I have to prepare for my grandma's lunch and dinner. Due to she has just discharge from Hospital, and her body is still weak, hence there is certain foods are not suitable for her. But due to she is very extremely choosy, therefore I headache!

After work, I have to rush home for my grandma's dinner. She has to take dinner earlier than her ordinary dinner with us previously. We usually have dinner at 8pm, but according to her "I am a patient", she requested to have it no later than 7.30pm. I reached home at around 6.30pm, once my car reach the house door, I straight away go to kitchen (the situation is kind of like going to battllefield), the maid will come to me for loading my stuff and my baby. After done with the dinner, I have to give medi to my grandma (there is one she has to take it before meal), and then I go shower, then bath for my baby, and then take dinner with my grandma. Luckily the maid will help me to feed my little one. My grandma needs medi again after dinner. She will go to bed afterward, so I have to take care of her while she is walking to upstair until she on her bed. Then I have to wake up at 6.30am to bath for my grandma too. Then walk her downstair after this, and make a cup of coffee for her. After this, I have to buy her breakfast, prepare her lunch (I have to prepare her lunch before I go to work.) and also her tea break. Once my grandma go to bed, I have to return to my baby, and the maid has to go to room immediately as she sleep with my grandma so that she can look after her thorough the night. I felt very tired, physically and mentally tired, I really can not understand how does my mom cope? Beside this family, she also do a lot of charity works.......

I am missing my mom, wish that she is her with me. I think she is a super woman.

4 comments:

  1. your mom is a supermom, not only does she not complain, she does everything like a dutiful mom because of the love she has for each and everyone of you. she is a wonderful person. i think it is very good to realize this as a daughter because some people will go through life not even really be in her position at all.

    love is unconditional.. when a person loves another, the strength in us is unbelievable.

    i trust that even though she is on her holiday, she misses you all at home and miss doing all these for you. it's her way of showing unconditional love.

    i love this post, thanks for sharing, JOP.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey when did u start blogging? I thought u don't like blogging one??? anyway, great things that you are sharing here...keep it up!

    Everyone's mum is super woman!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! I agree that you have an awesome mom, she is so wonderful! It's great that you realise this before it's too late to treat her even nicer when she is back! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i m very touched after reading this...compare to her situation, we are just a nut! regards Gigi

    ReplyDelete